There’s a good chance that several laptop elements will begin to break after a long period of use. Ports, keys, and even the laptop’s power button are all included as the main internal components.
It can be extremely aggravating when your laptop’s power button is broken because even turning it on can be extremely tough. A straightforward guide on “How to Turn on HP Laptop Without Pressing Power Button?” is provided for your benefit. By the time you reach the end of this guide, you will have learned about numerous approaches to the problem.
What Is the Purpose of a Power Button?
If your laptop has a power button issue, one thing worth knowing is how a power button works. It is highly beneficial if your laptop’s power button has failed to function. All of this accomplishes through the circuitry on your computer’s motherboard.
Read Also How to Test Laptop Fan
When you click the power button, you establish contact between two places on the circuit, which is sufficient to allow the course to connect and power up. It is most likely why your power button is not functioning, and one of the connection points has become loose.
How to Turn on HP Laptop Without Pressing Power Button?
If you’re unable to power on your laptop using the power button, you’ll most likely need to disassemble it. It allows you to access your laptop’s power circuit and ribbon cables, which is essentially what your power button does. Thus, to switch on your computer without a power button, Disassemble your laptop to gain access to the motherboard. In essence, the power button on your computer serves as the point of convergence for two connections.
When pressed together, a complete circuit is formed, allowing the motherboard to power up. Therefore, you must locate the two connections that your power button would usually press in unison if it worked.
Then, link these two devices together, and your laptop will power on. It is the most straightforward method if you are familiar with disassembling a computer. Of course, if you’re not comfortable disassembling your laptop, you’ll need to investigate alternative methods for turning it on without using the power button.
Read Also How to Fix Laptop Power Jack Without Soldering
The location of the power button connector varies according to the laptop model. You may quickly locate it by looking at the exact location of your laptop’s external power button.
Here are some alternate methods for powering up your laptop. It means that if your laptop’s power button is not functioning correctly, these options may work for you.
#1) Use an External Keyboard
You can follow these instructions because they are very similar.
To access the BIOS settings on your HP laptop while booting, press F2 or the Del Key. If your HP laptop is already running, you can use the below instructions.
Follow the procedures outlined below to use an external keyboard to start your laptop without using a power button.
- Go to the start menu and select “SETTINGS”.
- Once you’ve selected “UPDATE AND SECURITY”, click OK.
- On the left side of the screen, select “RECOVERY”.
- You’ll see right away. “RESTART NOW” with the “ADVANCED SETUP” option
- The option to “TROUBLESHOOT” will appear in a new window.
- As a final step, select the “ADVANCED OPTIONS” option.
- Then, select the “ACPI MANAGEMENT” tab or “POWER MANAGEMENT” option.
- Select “POWER ON BY KEYBOARD” or “WAKE ON KEYBOARD” from the available menu options.
- Selecting a key to turn on your HP laptop with the keyboard is now possible.
After completing the preceding procedures, you can check to see if it works properly.
#2) Using the Motherboard
If you cannot power your laptop in the first place, you may need to utilize this hardware-based way to enter the BIOS and change the keyboard or other settings in it. Using the motherboard to switch on your laptop is not a practical alternative for regular use, but it is possible in some instances, as seen here:
- Begin by removing the motherboard from your laptop by opening the bottom cover and using the proper tools.
- It’s important to double-check all connections once you remove the motherboard.
- You can then use a metal screwdriver or a wire to short the pins 1 and 3 on the motherboard, which will immediately turn on your laptop.
- After the motherboard has been installed, you can access the BIOS to make any adjustments.
#3) Use a wall outlet to turn on a laptop
Dell, Toshiba, ASUS, Acer, Lenovo, and HP laptops operate nicely with this strategy. If you don’t want to damage your laptop by pressing the power button, this is an excellent solution for you.
- Remove the power button’s cable from the motherboard.
- Remove the laptop’s battery.
- Once you plug it into a standard wall outlet, the laptop will come to life.
- If you want to disconnect the laptop from the power source, insert the laptop’s battery.
You’ll have to set the BIOS to turn on the laptop when it’s connected to AC power on some laptops.
Read Also How to Connect Wii U to Laptop
#4) With the use of a Clock Battery
The clock battery method is another hardware approach that you can use to switch on a laptop without needing the main power button. There’s little doubt that this method is speedier than the one outlined here: Resetting your laptop’s BIOS settings.
- You first need to remove the laptop’s bottom shell with a screwdriver and prying tools to get inside.
- Detach the motherboard’s battery cable from the laptop’s charging cable to complete this procedure.
- Removing your laptop’s clock or CMOS battery is the next step.
- You may then plug in your laptop’s battery to power it up, allowing you quick and easy access to the BIOS.
#5) Using a wake-on LAN to power on a laptop
Another way to avoid problems with the power button is to use wake-on-LAN.
- As soon as the laptop turns on, press “F2,” “F10,” or “DEL.”
- Enter the term “power management.”
- Turn on your laptop with the desired keys by enabling Wake-on-LAN and configuring it.
- Reboot after saving the changes.
Additionally, you must configure your network card on another laptop or computer to use this method.
- Take a look at “Device Manager.”
- Select “Properties” from the “Network Adapter” menu.
- Select “Allow this device to wake the computer” under “Power Management.”
- The “Wake on magic packet” option may be found under the “Advanced” menu.
It’s even easy for Mac users:
- Take a look at the System Preferences on your laptop.
- Go to “Energy Saver” and select “Wake for network access” from the drop-down menu.
- See if there are any WOL options in your router configuration. A port forwarding configuration or a DNS app for your phone is the only other options.
Using this method, you can remotely start your laptop.
#6) Turn on When You Open the Lid
In some situation, you may be able to accomplish this by adjusting the settings on your laptop. Rather than having to press your laptop’s power button to turn it on, you can make it turn on anytime you open the lid. It is not always achievable, but it may be the most straightforward approach to accomplish this in some circumstances.
This approach is contingent upon your laptop already being turned on. Therefore, if your power button is damaged but your computer is still on, enabling this feature will allow you to turn off your computer.
FAQs – How to Turn on Hp Laptop Without Pressing Power Button?
What Is the Use of Power Button in Window 10?
You have complete control over virtually everything on your Windows 10 laptop, including the power button. You may configure what happen when you hit the Power, Sleep, or Close buttons (if your laptop offers one)—Click System Power & Sleep Additional Power Settings from the Start menu.
What Happens if Your Laptop Won’t Turn on?
If your laptop does not turn on at all, even when plugged in, it may have a broken power supply, battery, motherboard, video card, or RAM. Ascertain that the plug on the power cord is inserted into an outlet and connected to the computer. Check the battery and power connector on the laptop to ensure the connection is secure.
What Is the Importance of Power Button?
A power button is a circular or square button used to turn on and off an electronic device. Almost every electrical item is equips with a power button or switch. Typically, the thing turns on when the button is pressed and turned off when the button is pressed again.
If your laptop does not power up immediately after pushing the power button, the power button on your laptop is either broken or inoperable. Then attempt the techniques listed above.
Now, You know How to Turn on Hp Laptop Without Pressing Power Button? Suppose your laptop continues to refuse to open after attempting the procedures mentioned above. In that case, you may have to seek the assistance of a professional technician to diagnose and resolve the issue. I hope you enjoyed the article and obtained the information you sought.