Today we will talk around How to Remove Computrace From a Laptop? Computer theft protection has come a long way since the days of padlocks and security wires. Computrace is a computer module that is plugged into the computer’s motherboard. It is self-contained and transmits a GPS signal revealing its location. Activating or enabling this function permanently improves the security of your computing devices.
While not all computers include Computrace, those that do arrive with the capability disabled in the machine’s essential input and output system permanently enable or disable Computrace using the computer’s BIOS menu, but keep in mind that it cannot be changed back once a setting is changed.
What is Computrace, and What’s the Big Deal About It?
This anti-theft software is built into your computer’s kernel and may be accessed through the BIOS menu options, to put it another way. As stated above, absolute Software is the genius behind this intelligent method of tracking intruders or thieves who may try to take your laptop.
As soon as anti-theft sensors are activated, the device sends a signal to the Absolute software monitoring centre, which serves as its database, and attempts to connect to them over any accessible internet connection. Aside from simply logging the laptop’s whereabouts, this also provides you with a specific location of the computer and contacting the local police at the same time.
Even if the service costs money, it provides the best possible protection against your laptop being stolen. One of the greatest and most challenging to uninstall software on laptops is Computrace, which is also known as Lojack because it is incorporated into the laptop’s hardware. It’s not hard to get rid of, but here’s how you can do it yourself.
Expected Difficulty When Uninstalling Computer Lojack for Laptop Premium
- Laptop Premium is not included in the LoJack programme and features of Computrace.
- You will require further permissions to present Uninstall Computrace LoJack.
- The record that was supposed to complete this foundation was unable to run.
- When not all records are provided in a viable manner, a blunder has occurred.
- Another solution that uses the record is to prevent the PC premium from being offered.
- Discovered Computrace LoJack’s files and coordinators on the hard circle following the foundation.
How to Remove Computrace From a Laptop?
Compared to the days when padlocks and security wires were the sole means of preventing computer theft, modern technologies are significantly more advanced. Computerrace is a type of computer module installed on the motherboard of the computer. It operates independently of a computer by transmitting a GPS signal to its location.
Besides providing a more secure computing environment, activating or enabling this function is a long-term solution. While not every computer comes pre-installed with Computrace, those can have it disabled from the system’s input and output. Computrace can be enabled or disabled via your computer’s BIOS settings. Once you’ve done this, you cannot undo it.
- To switch off a laptop, press and hold the “Power” button on the tower or the top of the keyboard bezel. Turn on the machine once the developer’s logo displays on the screen.
- When the BIOS access key displays on the screen, the BIOS menu is opened. Although BIOS keys differ by manufacturer, the BIOS menu is typically accessed by hitting “Dell” or “F2” on the keyboard.
- The “Security” tab can be accessed only via the keyboard, as the computer mouse is not supported. You have three possibilities here. Almost certainly, the “Inactive” option has already been selected.
- By selecting “Disable” and pressing “Enter” on your keyboard, you can permanently disable computers on your computer.
- Once the computer module has been disabled, you cannot activate it. By pressing “Enter” again, confirm that you want “Inactive” as the selection.
- Press the “F10” key to rescue the modifications, and the computer will boot into the operating system.
Using the Windows Uninstaller
This approach is relatively straightforward, and you may be familiar with uninstalling undesirable apps via the Windows uninstaller utility. Still, I’ve included the instructions below for my friends who are unfamiliar with the procedure.
- On your manual, press the Windows key or click the start button in the lower-left corner of your screen.
- Navigate to the control panel and search for the “Program” option.
- You will have access to a plethora of bloatware and other software that has been installed on your laptop.
- Now locate and double-click the Lojack Computrace software.
- It will take some time to detach, but you will be ready to go after it is done.
FAQs – How to Remove Computrace From a Laptop?
What Is Computrace in BIOS?
Computrace is a computer module inserted into the machine’s motherboard. It functions independently from the computer to send out a GPS signal that shows its location. Activating or activating this feature is a permanent option to add even more protection to your computer equipment.
What Is Computrace in Dell Laptop?
Computrace Lojack for Laptops is a theft-deterrent security package that may be implanted into a computer’s basic input/output system (BIOS) and installed on the computer’s hard drive.
Can Computrace Be Enabled Remotely?
Absolute Software asserts that its Computrace software assists businesses in tracking and securing their endpoints. According to Kaspersky Lab, attackers can use the application to monitor and manage these workstations remotely and delete all data from them.
What Is Computrace Thinkpad?
Computrace for Lenovo, built in the BIOS of ThinkPad notebooks, enables the tracking and recovery of a stolen computer. The new Lost & Found service expands on the Absolute Software offering by making it simple for anyone who discovers a ThinkPad to return it to its rightful owner.
Now that you are free of the Computrace programme, please understand all of the limitations and characteristics of this software listed below before continuing with this process.
In the meantime, I hope you found this information on How to Remove Computrace From a Laptop to be informative and valuable; have a pleasant day.