Your laptop becomes slower and slower with time, or even crashes or freezes on occasion? Factory reset is the simplest and fastest way to restore your computer to its original condition, regardless of whether your system has been running slowly, corrupted, or infected with a virus.
Here, we’ll explain How to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop?. You can still use this guide even if Samsung laptop recovery doesn’t work for you.
Let us know when you need to return to your laptop’s factory settings before we can help you with the problem.
It’s hard to say whether or not this method is better than others. Because this is a risky practice, you could lose all of your data and files if you haven’t taken the time to back up your files.
Why Should You Reset Your Samsung Laptop?
There are a variety of reasons to factory reset your laptop, but the most prevalent are as follows:
- Assume you’re in the market for a new laptop and wish to update your current model. You’d like to sell your old laptop, or perhaps you gave it to a sibling.
- In both circumstances, you want to delete your data to ensure that they have enough storage and that your personal information does not leak. Additionally, your computer will perform better and more efficiently after a period of rest.
- If you encounter a bug or identify a virus on your laptop and your anti-virus software fails to remove it, you will have no choice except to reset your computer to factory settings.
- If your laptop is not functioning correctly, such as running slowly, crashing, or freezing, which could result in a severe problem, resetting it will restore it to its original state.
- We occasionally run out of space, and our laptop continually requests more. Resetting your laptop deletes all extra items, and it might be inconvenient to get your computer back to the way you want it.
- You’ve forgotten your Samsung laptop’s login password. No longer an issue. You may recover your computer by just resetting it.
Read Also: How to Remove Hard Drive From Acer Laptop?
Note: You must bear in mind that if you have not backed up your data or files and factory reset your laptop, you will eventually lose all data and will never be able to restore it. Therefore, before resetting your Samsung laptop, make a backup of your data and information.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop?
Method #1) Using Samsung Recovery Solution
Make a backup of any critical data you don’t want to lose throughout the procedure or if something goes wrong. In our Samsung Laptop factory reset procedure, we’ll perform a ‘Complete Restore,’ which completely formats your C: Drive and deletes all files and applications while leaving data on other drives intact.
However, recommended that you backup your critical data using an external hard drive or Google Drive. Ensure that your laptop plugs into a charger before proceeding with the steps below.
- When your Samsung laptop powers up, immediately press the F4 key.
- If all goes according to plan, you should see a screen displaying ‘Samsung Recovery Solution 5 [EMS Enabled]’ within seconds.
- Press Enter, and your Samsung Laptop will launch the ‘Samsung Recovery Solution‘ application within a minute.
- There are three large boxes offering restore, backup, and system software options. Click on restore.
- Click Complete Restore from inside Restore. On the following display, click Next and then pick ‘Computer Initial Status’ (this choice will restore your laptop to the day you purchased it).
- If prompted to ‘Start Restore,’ click OK. A Complete Restore of your Samsung Laptop will take approximately 15–45 minutes, depending on your Laptop’s specifications and installed programmes. Throughout the procedure, your laptop will reboot many times.
When the process is complete, click OK when prompted to ‘Restart the computer.’ It concludes our tutorial on How to Restore Factory Settings to a Samsung Notebook Using the Samsung Recovery Solution.
Suppose your Samsung Laptop did not boot with Samsung Recovery Solution or encountered problems with the above procedure. In that case, you can download Samsung Recovery Solution from this link, install it on your laptop, and repeat the above steps.
Now, let’s go to the following process, used to factory reset a Samsung laptop running Windows 10.
Method #2) Factory Reset Samsung Laptop in Windows 10
Although Windows 10 is different from previous versions of Windows, it is simple to reset the laptop. Connect your laptop’s charger to it. Ascertain that all critical data has been saved to an external drive or a partition other than Drive C. Start the operation by turning on your laptop and following the steps below.
Going To settings and press the Start button. You can access updates and security by clicking on it. On the left sidebar, click Recovery. Once clicked, the Reset this PC option will appear at the top; click on ‘Get Started.’ A screen with two options will appear:
- Maintain my files
- Eliminate Everything
- Select Delete Everything
A new screen will appear, offering two options:
- Delete my files.
- Eliminate files and thoroughly clean the drive.
Removing my files is the preferred option because it will format your C drive, whereas the other option will wipe your entire hard disc and all partitions. If you recently upgraded your laptop from Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 S Mode to Windows 10, you will get a Warning notice; click ‘Next.’
Once more, a screen will appear requesting final confirmation to reset the laptop; click the ‘Reset’ option. The process will take some time, and once completed; your computer will restart. It should function as a brand-new laptop.
How To Reset Samsung Laptop Without Password?
If you are using Windows 10/8.1/8, the process of resetting your PC to factory settings will be considerably more straightforward and faster.
Additionally, you will not be asked to enter an admin password to do it. Just make sure to follow these steps:
To begin, open your personal computer (PC), and once your computer has started, click on the Power symbol in the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, while holding down the Shift key, select Restart from the menu that appears.
After the computer has finished restarting, it will present you with three options: Continue, Troubleshoot, and Turn off your pc in that order. Select the Troubleshoot option.
Select the option to Reset your PC, then select Next on each of the subsequent menus. The system will restart, and it will then start making preparations to reset the PC.
On the box labeled “Reset your PC,” select “Just remove my files,” and then click the “Reset” button.
Samsung Laptop Recovery Not Working? Reasons
It is possible that Windows System Restore will not work correctly while the operating system is being run in normal mode if Windows is malfunctioning due to problems with its device drivers, incorrect starting apps or scripts, or other causes.
Because of this, you may need to boot the computer into Safe Mode before attempting to use Windows System Restore.
Read Also: How to Remove Lojack From Laptop?
FAQs – How to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop?
Does a Factory Reset Delete Everything on a Laptop?
During the factory reset process, the hard disc of your PC is entirely deleted, and you lose access to any business, financial, or personal files stored on the machine. Once the resetting procedure begins, you cannot stop it.
Does a Factory Reset Delete Everything?
A factory data reset deletes all of your phone’s data. While you can recover Google Account data, You will delete all apps and associated data. To ensure that your information is available for restoration, ensure it is stores in your Google Account.
Is It Safe to Reset Windows 10?
A factory reset is normal and is a feature of Windows 10 that enables you to restore your system to a working condition if it fails to boot or performs poorly. It is how you do it. To execute a clean install, connect to a working computer, download, generate a bootable copy, and perform a clean install.
I hope after reading the above guide you will now know about How to Factory Reset Samsung Laptop? The methods listed above are the most convenient approaches for resetting your Samsung laptop.
We are hopeful that they will be highly beneficial to you. However, if you continue to have issues, be sure to download the Samsung recovery solution or visit the company’s official website.