Do you want to connect PS4 on your laptop without TV Using remote play? Yes, playing Playstation4 on a device is possible without using a remote computer. Sony revealed that their Windows 10 machine now supports remote play.
However, to make use of this function, various criteria must be met, including Wi-Fi connectivity capable of downloading at least 15 Mbps. As such, today I’ll demonstrate How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Without TV?
However, if you’re not a fan of them, you may use a capturing card to play games online on your computer without using remote play. If the technique is followed correctly, your computer display will function as a Playstation 4 monitor.
How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Without TV?
Following are the methods that will assist you in connecting PS4 to laptop without TV:
Connect Your PS4 To Your Laptop Using Remote Play
This unique utility is included with your PlayStation 4 device that allows you to play PS4 games on your laptop. While this approach does not require an HDMI connection, it is among the most popular methods for playing the PS4 on your computer or Laptop. The following items are needed for this method:
- Your laptop.
- The PlayStation 4 game console.
- A broadband internet connection at a high speed.
- A PS4 account is required. A DUALSHOCK USB ports wireless adapter or a USB cord is also needed.
- The free software requires a PS Remote Play DualSense gamepad or a wireless DUALSHOCK 4 controller.
Once you have collected all of these thing, go set them up. Follow the steps below and begin to learn How to Connect Ps4 to a Laptop Without TV?
- Install the latest versions of the Remote Play application on your Windows or Mac device.
- Following that, power up your PS4 and browse to the Settings menu. Navigate to “PlayStation.
- Network,” choose “Account Management,” and check the box next to “Active as Primary PS4”.
- You must now upgrade your PS4’s software via “System Software Update.”
- Return to settings and locate “Remote Play Connection Settings.” Must enable this feature. The PS4 must be either on or in rest mode for these procedures to conserve power.
- You must now navigate to “Power Save Settings” and locate the “Set Functions Available in Rest Mode” option.
- The option “Enable Switching on PS4 from Network” must now be activated.
- Launch the Remote Play application that you recently installed on the laptop. Adjust the display, frame rate, and other parameters as necessary according to your laptop’s specifications to ensure optimal gameplay. The laptop’s more expensive, the better the graphical settings may be adjusted.
- Connect your PS4 controller to your minicomputer via USB connection or wirelessly as desired.
- All that remains is for you to launch the Remote Play application on the laptop, sign in, and begin gaming.
Use Video Capture Devices to Connect PS4 to Laptop
However, the first method requires previous console access. You can get video capture equipment from internet stores like Amazon or eBay or a local retailer if you can’t. For the best experience, make sure it supports the latest FHD resolution.
Since no laptop currently supports a direct HDMI connection, you’ll need to use a video capture device.
- To begin, you must download and install a game capture program. We propose the freeware OBS from the OBS Project, which is available for download legally here.
- Afterward, connect your PS4 to a power outlet and then click the console via HDMI cable here to the video capture device and finally to your laptop. When you’re linked, you should be able to see your OBS-enlisted video capture device. Click it to open it in full-screen mode, and you’re ready to go!
Utilize OBS Recording Software to Connect PS4 to Laptop
OBS is a 3rd party screen recording program that enables you to connect your laptop to your PS4 as a monitor. One of the incredible benefits is that you no longer need a video recording card to play Playstation on a computer. Among the benefits of selecting this option are the following:
- Software that is free and open-source.
- Capturing high-performance real-time AV.
- Mixing audio, noise reduction, and gain.
- Simplified settings.
- With studio mode, you may review and edit your PS4 screen recordings.
The app runs flawlessly on Windows, macOS, and Linux-based systems. Here is precisely what you’ll do to prepare for utilizing OBS software:
- First, download and install the OBS recorder from their official site.
- Next, select the screen capture option in OBS.
- You may tailor your recordings to your preferences using the available parameters.
- Finally, navigate to the screen on your PS4 and choose “OK.”
Compared to video capture devices and other sophisticated software on the market, ‘Open Broadcaster Software or OBS is less expensive and easier to use. Video streaming also has a negligible latency.
Connecting a PS4 Controller to a Laptop
1- USB Cable
If You’re trying to search for How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Without TV? Then, You’re in luck if you own a Steam account. It is because it simplifies the process of connecting a new controller. But, of course, if you do not have a Steam profile, that is OK.
- Through Steam
Open Steam and navigate to “Big Picture Mode,” where you’ll find “Settings.” Navigate to the “Controller Settings” tab. Locate and tick the option next to “PlayStation Configuration Support.” Attach your PS4 controller to your laptop using a USB wire. Once Steam has identified the controller automatically, you are finished.
- For Non-Steam Game
Enter DS4Windows.com into your laptop’s browser and click “Download Now.” Once routed to Github, look for and double-click the DS4Windows.zip file to finish the installation on your computer. Extract the zip file and launch the “DS4Windows” program. Run the DS4 Driver” and enable the files to be installed. Restart your computer and begin playing.
Your laptop very certainly offers Bluetooth connectivity, which means that your PS4 controllers can also be linked wirelessly.
Locate and activate Bluetooth on your laptop. Continue pressing and pressing the Sharing and PlayStation buttons simultaneously until you notice the lights flickering. Next, select “Bluetooth” from the option for installing Wired headphones or other gadgets on your laptop.
Finally, the PS4 controller will appear as a Wlan Controller in the linked devices list. To complete the configuration, click on it. If prompted for a password, enter “0000,” and we’re done.
FAQs – How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Without TV?
How Can I Link My PS4 to My Windows 10 laptop?
With Windows 10, you may now launch the Settings app from the Start menu, navigate to “Device,” and then choose “Bluetooth.” If the DualShock 4 is in twin mode, it will display as a “Controller Wireless.” Then, by selecting “Pair,” you may choose to connect it to your computer.
How Can We Use a Laptop as a PS4 Monitor Without Using a Capture Card?
If you don’t want to use a video recording card to link your Playstation 4 to your laptop’s monitor, you may broadcast your PS4’s screen using software such as OBS or Remote play on the computer. All you need is a greater connection & your gamepad, so you can efficiently utilize your laptop’s display in place of a video capture device.
How Can I Link My PS4 Through USB to My Laptop?
To begin, it facilitates file sharing. To do so, navigate to the PS4’s settings menu. Then, using the USB connection on your laptop, attach your video capture card. Next, connect the video recording card to the PS4 here. Now, launch the video capture program on your computer and switch up your PS4.
So, now you know How to Connect PS4 to Laptop Without TV? With keywords, you may use your laptop as a PS4 display. The best aspect is utilizing the laptop’s keyboard as a serial port. However, it’s not always as fun as a gamepad controller.
If you forget your controller, you may still play the games using the conventional method. You also don’t require a powerful PC to play games because you’ll use a capture card.