You may charge Phones and tablets via a wall outlet, as well as via desktop and laptop computers. Indeed, most devices requiring charging can charge via laptops or PCs.
You don’t even have to turn on a laptop. You may leave it off and still use it to charge your device. Charging is a relatively straightforward process. However, occasionally, a machine will not charge.
Do you want to know How to Charge iPhone With Laptop? If you’re having trouble charging your iPhone, try the following.
Conduct the following checks before attempting any of the fixes:
- You are not utilising a defective data cable. While it is preferable to use an original line, third-party manufacturers will suffice if they are in good condition.
- The connection port on your iPhone is clean and undamaged. Since many people carry their phones in their pockets, lint can accumulate in the connection port.
- Ascertain that the port is in good condition and free of visible/obvious evidence of damage.
- To ensure that it charges, connect it to a wall outlet. If not, the issue could be with the iPhone, the wall adapter, or the charging cable you are using.
Read Also: How to Get 5.1 Surround Sound From Laptop Useful Guide
- Connect it to at least one other Laptop to see whether or not it charges from it.
If everything appears to be in order, attempt the Below Guide.
How to Charge iPhone With Laptop?
Now, we talk about How to Charge iPhone With Laptop?
- Switch on your laptop and check to ensure it is fully charging. If required, connect your computer to a wall socket; charging your iPhone depletes your laptop’s battery.
- Connect the dock connector’s long end to the USB cord at the bottom of your iPhone.
- Connect the cable’s shorter end to a USB port on your computer. Automatic charging of your iPhone begins.
- By touching the phone’s home button, you may check the charge status of your iPhone.
- A battery indicator shows the progress of the charge on the screen; when the icon is green, your phone is fully charging.
Why Isn’t My iPhone Charging?
Occasionally, even after performing these easy repairs, your iPhone will not charge. Then, as a workaround, iTunes had to be installed on the laptop. To install iTunes on your computer, follow these steps:
- If you are using a 32-bit operating system, download ITuneSetup.exe; if you are using a 64-bit operating system, download ITune64Setup.exe.
- Extract the file from Zipping using WinRAR by right-clicking on ITunes64Setup.exe.
- The approximately ten-million-byte AppleMobileDeviceSupport64.msi file extracts to a temporary directory.
- The installer will begin and adequately navigate through all of the questions on the laptop.
By following these steps, your iPhone may or may not begin charging. You may need to download a large ITune Setup to achieve the best results. Occasionally, you will need to install the driver via the device manager.
FAQs – How to Charge iPhone With Laptop?
Read Also: How to Keep Laptop Cool in Hot Car Excellent Guide
Is It Okay to Charge an iPhone on a Laptop?
It will cause no harm to your laptop or iPhone if you connect via a conventional USB 3.0 or lower connector. iPhones builts to resist a great deal of power. Most USB ports provide less than 1A of current (except fast-charging USB designed for charging purposes). The iPhone’s power supply is rated at 5V-1A.
Can I Charge an iPhone With an iPhone?
Another instance is when transferring data from an iPhone to a Mac. In each of these circumstances, a MagSafe Battery Pack can be charging while the iPhone links to another device. It is not fast charging, but it is the same power as a Qi charger delivers to an iPhone and AirPods.
Can You Reverse Charge iPhone 13?
The iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series may charge Apple’s MagSafe Battery Pack when plugged in with the accessory connected. Although, as far we are aware, the reverse wireless charging capabilities of the iPhone are limited.
Can iPhone 13 Charge Another Phone?
As has been the case since 2012, Apple’s new iPhones require electrical charging using the company’s proprietary Lightning connector. Not only does this imply that you cannot charge your iPhone with chargers from other devices, but it also means that chargers from other Apple mobile devices may not be compatible with your iPhone.
Would you like to know How to Charge iPhone With Laptop? It’s a basic and straightforward method of charging your iPhone via a laptop. However, this method consumes a great deal of energy and wastes it, and it is also a slow process.
Rather than that, you must leave the laptop on standby and inactive mode and use it for anything beneficial. Additionally, it can harm your batteries and shorten the life of your phone.